THE DESIGN BRIEF includes details on creating one Ready To Wear design and to source 100% of your materials by upcycling with the largest percentage being denim from any source and any label - here are some sourcing suggestions:
* SYDNEY DESIGNERS can make a booking via Humanitix (link opens this weekend and bookings from Tuesday 4th May until it runs out). Come grab some donated denim collected by the General Pants Co. Denim Amnesty. Collection is from the CIRCULAR CENTRE in Sydney only; less shipping = less carbon emissions.
* DO YOUR OWN CALL OUT - divert denim from landfill by doing a call out to your family, friends, local charity and community to find the perfect piece/s for your design.
* go ask your local charity shop for some unwearable denim - they may have some to give
* keep it really local; source from your own COLLECTION.
* Source recycled trims online at Worne.World or at your local second hand stores eg. Sydney Reverse Garbage and The Remnant Warehouse sell recycled buttons, zippers and trims.
QR CODE FOR TRACING.
After entering you will be sent a QR Code via email to print on any surface and attach to the garment e.g as a care label so the garment can tell a story.
SHARE TO YOUR SOCIALS
Use our hashtags below and share your ideas, designs, stages of designs etc to your socials. Make sure you tag us @circulardenimau and @general_pants
Ideas for posts include:
#generalpants #circulardenim #circularcentre #circulardenimcomp #denimredesign
CIRCULAR CENTRE PTY LTD
The Circular Centre is situation on Gadigal people's land in Eora Country, Sydney Australia. We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of Country throughout Australia and their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging. It always was and always will be Aboriginal land.
Australia's Largest Denim Redesign Project + Competition challenges designers + fashion students to create a Ready to Wear garment using denim diverted from General Pants Co.'s Denim Amnesty